Tokyo, a city that is accessible everywhere to anyone
Sightseeing and outing information
- Support group
- Information help desk
Striving to ensure that Tokyo gets chosen
Necessity of accessible tourism
Accessible tourism is an initiative aimed at ensuring that everyone can enjoy traveling by addressing the needs of the elderly, people with an impairment and others who have difficulty moving or communicating.
By advancing accessible tourism to welcome the increasing number of diverse travelers from both within Japan and abroad in the lead up to the Tokyo 2020 Games, Tokyo will become a city where anyone can enjoy sightseeing in comfort.
The business advantages of promoting accessible tourism
As society continues to age rapidly, the number of elderly and people with an impairment will soon account for more than 30 percent of Japan's population. With the 2020 Games, it is forecasted that travel opportunities for not only foreigners but such people as well will increase.
By learning how to welcome diverse travelers and learning from the initiatives taken by other businesses, you can not only welcome more customers but can look forward to good publicity as tourism spots/facilities that are accessible to senior citizens and those with an impairment.
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government provides various kinds of support so that many tourism businesses in Tokyo can actively pursue efforts to promote accessible tourism.
Accessible Tourism Promotion Seminar
Tokyo Metropolitan government holds the Accessible Tourism Promotion Seminar for those involved in the tourism sector in order to provide knowledge on the basics and merits of accessible tourism, how to prepare for the diverse international guests, barrier-free mindsets and the approach to reasonable accommodation reasonable accommodation, and many more.
The digest versions of the past seminars are available to the public as well.
※This seminar is held in Japanese.
Introduction to examples of accessible-tourism support
- Good examples of making Tokyo accessible: good examples of response efforts
- Efforts of Keio Plaza Hotel
- Efforts of Ginza Capital Hotel
- Efforts of Hotel Shiraiwa
- Efforts of Oshima Bus Co., Ltd.
- Efforts of Principle Auto Mobile
- Efforts of Sanko Taxi
- Efforts of Takaotozan Railway Co., Ltd.
- Efforts of Ebisuya's Asakusa branch
- Efforts of Sakutsuki
- Efforts of Kawamura Fruits
- Efforts of Ochanomizu Origami Kaikan
- Efforts of Katsushika Shibamata Tora-san Memorial Hall
- Efforts of CINEMA Chupki TABATA
- Efforts of Toyo Kogyo Co., Ltd. Asakusa Engei Hall
- Efforts of Mikokuyu
- Efforts of Ito-Yokado's Hikifune store
- Efforts of Le GRACE
- Efforts of SPI A'EL Club
- Efforts of ALL NIPPON AIRWAYS CO., LTD (ANA)
- Efforts of Tokyo City i Torist Infomation Center
- Efforts of Hotel Cadenza Tokyo
- Efforts of Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Information Center
- Efforts of Hotel Vintage Kagurazaka
- Efforts of Parks and Recreation Foundation
- Efforts of Hotel Chinzanso Tokyo
- Efforts of Tokyo Travel Partners
- Efforts of Sign with Me
- Efforts of the Dialogue Diversity Museum “Dialogue Forest”
- Efforts of Cos International
- Efforts of Japan Tourism Facilities Association e-WA Project
- Efforts of Hidabun
- Efforts of D-SHiP32
- Efforts of Mitsukoshi Isetan Nikko Travel, Ltd.
- Efforts of Tokyo Metropolitan Art Museum
- Efforts of LIXIL Corporation
- Examples of utilizing subsidies
- Examples of utilizing the Subsidy to Promote Barrier-Free Accommodations
- Examples of utilizing subsidies to support the internationalization of art galleries, museums, etc.
- Counselor dispatch utilization example
- Efforts of Try Sports Club
- Efforts of g-Men
- Efforts of Tommy G World
- Efforts of TAKAO 599 MUSEUM
- Efforts of Okutama Fishing Center
- Efforts of JALPAK
- Efforts of Kihachijo Meyu Workshop
- Efforts of NOAA
- Efforts of odekake office.
- Efforts of CombiWith
- Efforts of HITOWA Care Service Co.,Ltd.
- Efforts of New Japan Tourist Co., Ltd.
- Efforts of T-LIFE Holdings
social media accounts
Tokyo, a city that is accessible everywhere to anyone.
Sightseeing where you wish, as you wish.
This ability to travel anywhere you please makes life that much richer.
Tokyo welcomes your visit.
Here you can encounter tradition,
history, culture, nature, technology,
and, best of all, smiling faces.
Making tourism closer and more
enjoyable through accessible tourism.